The Best Exchange



What I feel in Exchange program for Lawyer in Philippines           

I feel happy. Happy because I get what I want. Happy because I get experience more than my expectation before. I am so excited. 

I am public interest lawyer from Jakarta Legal Aid Institute. We provide legal aid for poor people. Our legal aid purposed to change the policy became fairer.
I join the exchange program for lawyer by Namati. Namati is NGO which office in Washington DC. They have focus to develop paralegal system. In May 2015, they invite lawyer for around the world to join exchange in Philippine and South Africa. I became participant this program. I observe Philippine for almost 1 month.
My host is Saligan. I met Dave and Ete from Saligan who are accompany us to observe NagaCity.   Same with Jakarta Legal Aid, Saligan also provide legal aid for many sector urban poor, labor, etc. I visit at least 4 city in Philippine. They are Naga city, Legizpi, Quezon, Tacloban city. I visit many communities in Philippines, I meet public officer, NGO, and my host always surprised me with side trip in our journey. In Indonesia I focus with urban poor issue, I hope I will understand more about condition urban poor in the other country. I want to understand how urban poor empowerment, how they can have sustainability advocacy. 

Yes I get it. I met a lot of urban poor paralegal, I make interview with them, explore how exactly they work, and ask the leader what they teach to community, And Surprisingly I get more than that. In Philippines, I read and research about their housing law. And I make comparison between law in Indonesia and Philippines. I believe, the research help me so much to improve advocacy in housing right in Jakarta and Indonesia. And not just that, I learn about how governments engage with people and NGO. I learn also about how good governance in Naga. I learn about culture Pilipino. And the important I met new friend, Dave, Ete, Gigi, Carlo. The most friendly public officer in Naga city. Learn about national advocacy from ALG member Marlon, Rene, Lito and Junet. And more learn about right of children in disaster reduction and women rights with my friend Borna from BNWLA, Bangladesh, I learn about woman in Bangladesh also. Many more I can write in this page all, hehe
I am so lucky because my host Dave is lawyer in housing right/urban poor like me. He also is housing board in his city. So I make his busy with a lot of questions. Thank you so much for my host. My host always prepared everything and accompanies us to serious activity and more fun activity. I recommended for next exchange, the participant will get host with same issues with him. But the most important thing is, if you join exchange keep your focus. Be foolish and stay hungry. Ask, listen, write and reflection. Don’t underestimate every even in front of you. You will get something if you want. And thank you for all who are support us in Philippine.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Website ini didedikasikan untuk media belajar tentang keadilan hukum.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment